Training for Carers
We understand that caring for someone one who is ill, disabled, has mental health problems or is misusing drugs or alcohol, can be valuable and rewarding, but without the right support it can have an impact on your health, job, finances and social life.
We want to help make your situation easier and so we have joined up with Carers UK to offer you a wide range of digital tools and useful resources. If you are a carer looking after someone in Newcastle here is what is available to you.
Digital Resource for Carers
The Digital Resource for Carers includes e-Learning modules, factsheets, interactive guides, personalised support, and information covering the following areas:
- Health and wellbeing: resources on nutrition and breaks
- Support for caring: emotional resilience and finding support; tailored advice for carers depending on their situation
- Technology and caring: how to use technology in care
- Financial planning: a resource made with the Money Advice Service called ‘Thinking Ahead’ and tools to help people think about the costs of caring
- Working and caring: rights at work and getting support at work
- Access to the care co-ordination App, Jointly
- Useful links and resources for carers in Newcastle
If you would like to access the Digital Resource for Carers, visit carersdigital.org and use our unique access code DGTL5060 to create an account for free.
Carers into Work
We have now launched online sessions tailored specifically to help carers to return to work. Sessions will be delivered virtually and cover a range of topics in relation to caring and employability.
If you would like to find out more about our online sessions, please view our Training Package.
Perhaps you want to gain employment or just wishing to improve your abilities, skills and knowledge. Whatever your goal we can support you and all carers are welcome to join in.
For more information, or to register your place, contact [email protected] or call 0191 275 5060.
We have produced a number of factsheets for you to be able to improve your abilities, skills and knowledge around employability, including:
Information about how to complete your CV (with downloadable CV templates)
Information about how to succeed in writing your supporting statement and cover letter
Ideas on the best ways to fill in online application forms
Guidance about how to demonstrate your transferrable skills as a carer
Advice on how to do your best in an interview
Your Rights At Work
Information about your rights at work