We are delighted to be working as part of a partnership with the North of Tyne Combined Authority, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre and Carers Northumberland to deliver a project to support carers to return to work.
This is an exciting opportunity for young adult carers and adult carers to get specialist support to find work, training or education.
Three Carers into Work Advisor’s are available to work with carers on a one-to-one basis across the North of Tyne to:
- Provide support, advice and guidance to address any barriers they face returning to work, education or education.
- Provide support to develop skills such as CV writing, interview techniques and support with job applications.
- Match carers, where appropriate, with potential employers who offer ‘returnship schemes’.
This is a voluntary initiative providing specialist support for carers to achieve their potential.
For further information, or to start accessing support, please contact Ave, your Carers into Work Advisor at Newcastle Carers on 0191 275 5060, or email [email protected].
Return to Work Carers Online Training Package
We have now launched our online sessions tailored specifically to help carers to return to work. Sessions will be delivered virtually and cover a range of topics in relation to caring and employability.
To find out more about our online sessions, view our Training Package.
Sessions start in November.
View our November Training Calander.
View our December Training Calander.
All carers are welcome to join, be it to prepare yourself for gaining employment or just wishing to improve your abilities, skills and knowledge.
For more information, or to register your place, contact Newcastle Carers’ Carers into Work Advisor, Ave on email [email protected] or call 0191 275 5060.
Return to Work Carers Factsheets
As part of the project, we have produced a number of factsheets for you to be able to improve your abilities, skills and knowledge around employability. These factsheets give you:
- Information about how to complete your CV (with downloadable CV templates)
- Information about how to succeed in writing your supporting statement and cover letter
- Ideas on the best ways to fill in online application forms
- Guidance about how to demonstrate your transferrable skills as a carer
- Advice how to do your best in an interview.
There are also some additional factsheets to help you understand your rights at work and how assistive technology can be helpful in your caring role.
Please click on the headlines below to view or download the factsheets.
Creating a CV, including templates:
- CV Template1
- CV Template2
- CV Template3
- CV Template4
- CV Template5
- CV Template6
- CV Template7
- CV Template8