We're still here to support carers during this difficult time...
We want to reassure carers that we are here to give information, support and guidance. Please call our Carers Information Line, Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm on 0191 275 5060.
If you contact us and go through to voicemail, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Staff are working from home, and we are providing the best possible service we can during these difficult times.
We understand you may be worried about what the current situation means for you and the person you look after. Although our drop-ins, groups and activities are closed for the moment, we’re here for you during these difficult times, please contact our Carers Information Line on 0191 275 5060.
For more information read our newsletter.
We give lots of updates on our social media channels, including useful information and links. Connect with us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
Support to keep well and safe at this time... help with shopping, collecting prescriptions and more
Citylife Line is Newcastle City Council’s new coronavirus support service to help coordinate the outpouring of goodwill from people in Newcastle who want to help the most vulnerable during the COVID-19 outbreak. The service has been set up with organisations from the voluntary and community sector.
If you need help you can ring Citylife Line on 0191 277 8000.
For more information visit Citylife Line here.
Information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
- If you are worried that you or someone you look after may be at risk of coronavirus (COVID-19), NHS 111 can offer direct guidance online: coronavirus helpline. You can also call 111, letting them know that you are a carer.
- The most up-to-date Government information and advice about COVID-19 can be found on the Government website here.
- Carers UK provides specific information and guidance for carers, including how to care for someone during this time, information for working carers, protecting your mental wellbeing, and benefits guidance. They also have have created a Wellbeing Action Plan with some advice and tips on keeping a positive frame of mind. Visit their website here. Carers UK also have a telephone helpline available on Mondays and Tuesdays, 10:00am – 4:00pm, and this can be telephoned on 0808 808 7777.
- NHS have advice for everyone about coronavirus, as well as advice and tips to help maintain your health and wellbeing. Visit the NHS website here.
- Free online training - Coping During the Pandemic - the Recovery College has created free online for everyone (children included) to get information about the virus and how to manage isolation and your mental health.
Useful information for parents
- Children's Commisioner have published a helpful guide to explain the coronavirus to children. Download the guide here.
- For information for parents and carers on looking after the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people during the coronavirus outbreak, see GOV.UK guidance here.
- Twinkl is the home of school learning materials and teaching resources - lots of resources for inside and outside of a classroom. Twinkl are offering use of their resources during the coronavirus pandemic with lots of home learning ideas and school closure packs for all school ages.
Looking after your mental health
Other useful links
- Inclusion North - easy read information, including daily updates, about coronavirus.
- Mobilise - virtual cuppa for carers to have a supportive chat with other carers every day at 4:00pm.