Contact our Carers Information Line for free and confidential information and advice, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
When you're a carer, having the right information at the right time can make a big difference. Our Carers Information Line is a great place to start.
When you contact our Carers Information Line, you can…
Talk to someone. You can talk to one of our Carer Information and Advice Workers confidentially about your caring situation. Sometimes having someone to talk to can really help.
Register with us. By registering, it means you can access all of our services and receive up-to-date news and information about our events and activities.
Get information and advice. Our Carer Information and Advice Workers can provide information, help and support on a range of topics, including:
- Your caring role and services for the person you care for
- Newcastle Carers services, such as our groups and training sessions (see What's On)
- Dealing with other professionals and organisations
- Thinking about your own needs as a carer
- Communication between family members
- Planning for the future and for emergencies
- Exploring your options - helping you to decide "what next?"
- Expressing your views and concerns
When calling our Carers Information Line we want you to be able to talk openly, confident in the knowledge that we won't share your details or information with anyone. There are some exceptions when we may need to share your information, including:
- If you have given us permission to contact other organisations who may be able to help you with your situation, e.g. the Welfare Rights Service
- If somebody is in danger or at risk of harm
Click here to see our full privacy notice.
Come along to one of our Drop-in Information and Advice Sessions for one-to-one support.
If you would like to talk to someone in person about your caring role, you can drop-in to see a worker at the following locations across the city:
|Newcastle Carers Centre, Shields Road, Byker, NE6 1DN
|Drop-in Monday to Friday, 1pm - 5pm
|West End Customer Service Centre and Library, Condercum Road, NE4 9JH
|Drop-in every Tuesday, 10am - 12noon in the Community Room
|The Lemington Centre, Tyne View, Lemington, NE15 8RZ
|Drop-in every Friday, 10am - 11am in the Health Suite
|Gosforth Library, Regent Farm Road, Gosforth, NE3 3HD
|Drop-in every Monday, 10am - 12noon in the Grundy Room
We also hold Carer Cafés in Byker, Lemington, the West End and Gosforth. These are safe spaces where you can drop-in for a coffee and a chat, meet people in similar situations and get information about your caring role. See our What's On page for full details.