Important information: Our building on Shields Road and drop-ins in are closed until further notice. Staff are working from home and we will be offering the best service we can during these difficult times.
Our Carers Information Line is open as normal Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Please call 0191 275 5060 for information, advice or support.
The above film shows how important it is to take time for yourself when you’re a carer. Coming along to one of our support groups can be a great way to do this.
Carer Cafés are safe spaces where you can drop-in for a coffee and a chat. They are a great source of support where you can:
- Meet people in similar situations
- Take a break
- Get information about your caring role
Carer Cafés are very friendly and welcoming, all refreshments are provided. They take place in locations across the city:
- Newcastle Carers Centre, Shields Road, Byker, NE6 1DN – on the first Wednesday of every month, 10:30am – 12noon.
- Gosforth Library, Grundy Room, Regent Farm Road, NE3 3HD – on the third Friday of every month, 10:30am – 12noon.
- Outer West Customer Service Centre, Library, West Denton, NE5 2QZ – on the second Thursday of every month, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- The Angelou Centre, 17 Brighton Grove, NE4 5NS – Carer Café for female carers from Black and Minority Ethnic communities on the last Tuesday of every month, 12:30pm – 2:30pm. Please note: this group sometimes meets at other locations so please ring in advance rather than dropping-in.
For more information about each Carer Café see What’s On.
Mental Health Carers Peer Support Group and Mental Health Information and Advice Sessions
See Caring for someone with mental health problems for details.
Dementia Information and Advice Sessions
See Caring for someone with dementia for details.
Do you care for someone living outside of Newcastle?
If you care for someone who lives outside of Newcastle, find out about other Carers Centres in the North East here.