Do you look after someone who experiences difficulties with their mental health?
We’re here to help. We can provide information including practical tips on caring for someone with mental health problems, as well as ways to take care of your own health and wellbeing.
If you are caring for someone with mental health problems and would like to know more about how we can provide information, advice and support, please contact us. We have a range of support available, including the following:
Mental Health Information and Advice Sessions
This six week course provides information and advice in an informal and relaxed setting. The kinds of things that are covered include:
- Getting help from health and social care services – who does what?
- Finding out more about welfare benefits
- What can I do in a crisis?
- Confidentiality and information sharing
- Getting the balance right: looking after yourself whilst looking after someone else
- Handling difficult situations and managing conflict
See our What’s On page for future dates of our Mental Health Information and Advice Sessions.
Mental Health Carers Peer Support Group
Do you care for someone with mental health problems? Do you sometimes feel alone in your caring role? This monthly group can help and support you to:
- Improve your own health and wellbeing
- Have a life of your own
- Meet others in similar situations
- Have a say about mental health services
See our What’s On page for future dates of our Mental Health Carers Peer Support Group.