Caring for someone one who is ill, disabled, has mental health problems or is misusing drugs or alcohol, can be valuable and rewarding, but without the right support it can have an impact on your health, job, finances and social life.
We’ve teamed up with Carers UK to offer carers looking after someone in Newcastle a wide range of digital tools and key resources that may help make their caring situation easier.
The Digital Resource for Carers includes e-Learning modules, factsheets,
interactive guides, personalised support, and information covering the following
- Health and wellbeing: resources on nutrition and breaks
- Support for caring: emotional resilience and finding support; tailored advice for carers depending on their situation
- Technology and caring: how to use technology in care
- Financial planning: a resource made with the Money Advice Service called ‘Thinking Ahead’ and tools to help people think about the costs of caring
- Working and caring: rights at work and getting support at work
- Young Adult Carers: advice about caring and information about education and employment
- Access to the care co-ordination App, Jointly
- Useful links and resources for carers in Newcastle
To access the Digital Resource for Carers, visit carersdigital.org and use our unique access code DGTL5060 to create an account for free.