Register with us

Please tell us …

I am a carer

yes no

I care for someone living in Newcastle Upon Tyne

yes no

I would like to receive an information pack

yes no

I would like someone to contact me

yes no

Are you a student? If you are a young adult carer studying in Newcastle and the person you look after lives in a different area, you can still access information and support from Newcastle Carers. For more information, please contact us

For more information about how Newcastle Carers can support you as an unpaid carer, please tell us your:

Thank You

Your request has been submitted successfully.


Keep up to date with the latest from Newcastle Carers.

Carers Information Line 0191 275 5060

Christmas opening hours

Wednesday 19th December


The Carers Information Line will be open for free confidential information and advice on:

Monday 24 December, Thursday 27 December, Friday 28 December, and Monday 31 December, 9:00am - 5:00pm.

Our Centre will be closed from 5:00pm on Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 9:00am on Wednesday 2 January 2019.

Who do I contact In an Emergency? 

If you need help from Adult Social Care, you can contact: 

  • Community Health and Social Care Direct, Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm, 0191 278 8377
  • If you need urgent help with adult social care during the evening or at weekends, telephone the Emergency Duty Team on 0191 278 7878.
  • Click here to see more on Newcastle City Council Adult Social Care contact information

If you need help from Children's Social Care, you can contact 

  • The Initial Response Team during office hours on 0191 277 2500
  • If you need urgent help out of office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0191 278 7878.
  • Click here to see more on Newcastle City Council Children's Social Care

If you have a mental health problem, or are caring for someone with a mental health problem, and you are experiencing a mental health crisis, you can contact:

  • The Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team 24 hours a day 7 days a week on 0303 123 1146.  The crisis team does not provide an ’emergency’ service such as a 999 response. In an emergency call 999

If you or the person you care for are unwell, you can contact

  • Your GP
  • NHS Direct on 111
  • In an emergency call 999


  • Listening support is also available from the Samaritans, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can contact the Samaritans by phone: 116 123, or by email:
  • The Northumbria Police Non-Emergency phone number is 101. In an emergency call 999.
< Back