Hospital Carers Information and Advice Worker
We have partnered with Newcastle Hospitals to introduce a Carers Information and Advice Worker to work directly with staff and patients to improve the support offered to family members and friends with caring responsibilities.
The Hospital Carers Information and Advice Worker works directly with hospital staff and carers to offer advice and guidance to ensure carers looking after someone have the right information and support.
The Hospital Carers Information and Advice Worker will:
- Support the identification of carers
- Champion involvement of carers
- Support better transition to the community
- Support carers to use Trust services effectively
Evidence shows this approach can:
- Improve health and wellbeing outcomes for patients and recipients of care.
- Improve health and wellbeing outcomes for carers who suffer disproportionately high levels of ill health.
- Reduce unwanted admissions, readmissions and delayed discharges in hospital settings.
- Reduce unwanted residential care admissions and length of stays.
- Enable patients to remain in their own home or family home for longer.
- Improve social isolation, thereby promoting social inclusion.