Information, Advice and Support
Our Carers Information Line is open as normal Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Please call 0191 275 5060 for information, advice or support.
When you’re a carer, we understand that having the right information at the right time can make a big difference. Our Carers Information Line is here to help and is great place to start.
Carers Information Line
When you contact our Carers Information Line, you can…
Talk to us.
You can talk to one of our Carer Information and Advice Workers confidentially about your caring situation. Sometimes having someone to talk to can really help.
Register with us.
Registering with us means you can access all of our services and receive up-to-date news and information about our events and activities.
When you call our Carers Information Line we will ensure you feel safe and heard, we understand that you may want to talk openly, confident in the knowledge that we won’t share your details or information with anyone. There are some exceptions when we may need to share your information, including:
- If you have given us permission to contact other organisations who may be able to help you with your situation, e.g. the Welfare Rights Service
- If somebody is in danger or at risk of harm
Click here to see our full privacy notice.
Get information and advice.
Our Carer Information and Advice Workers are here to listen and can provide you with the information, help and support you need on a range of topics, including:
- Your caring role and services for the person you care for
- Newcastle Carers services, such as our groups and training sessions (see What’s On)
- Dealing with other professionals and organisations
- Thinking about your own needs as a carer
- Communication between family members
- Planning for the future and for emergencies
- Exploring your options – helping you to decide “what next?”
- Expressing your views and concerns
Caring for someone with dementia
If you are caring for someone with dementia, we are here for you. We have a dedicated Carer Information and Advice Worker who can provide you with information including practical tips on caring for someone with dementia, as well as ways to take care of your own health and wellbeing. They work closely with other services including the Admiral Nurse at Dementia Matters, Search and many others.
If you are caring for someone with dementia and would like to know more about how we can provide information, advice and support, please talk to us.
Caring for someone with mental health problems
Do you care for someone with mental health problems? Do you sometimes feel alone in your caring role? Our dedicated Carers Information and Advice Workers who specialise in mental health are there to help and support. This welcoming online group can support you with:
- Improving your own health and wellbeing
- Having a life of your own
- Meeting others in similar situations
- Having your say about mental health and mental health services
See our What’s On page for details
InformationNOW is the website for people in Newcastle. You can search the site using the widget below to find information, organisations and events.
Helping you to be informed, make choices and plan ahead. It covers a huge range of topics such as health, care, benefits, food banks, money, lifestyle and leisure.