Our Vision and Values
We have been supporting carers for over 20 years. Our mission, vision and values underpin all of our work.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for carers in Newcastle, and to tackle the inequalities that carers face.
Our vision is for carers in Newcastle to:
- be recognised and valued
- have access to appropriate support, information and advice
- have choice and control
Newcastle Carers acts as a hub for carers in Newcastle, offering information and support throughout the caring journey.
We strive to achieve our values in all aspects of our work:
- Professionalism – We will provide a high quality, confidential service that is well governed and managed.
- Equality – Our services and support will be accessible to all.
- Recognition – We will treat all carers as individuals.
- Innovative – We will create and develop new ways of working and delivering services; and new ways to support the needs of carers and stakeholders.
- Adaptable – We will be flexible and responsive.
- Collaboration – We will share knowledge and resources, and build and maintain meaningful relationships across all organisations and sector boundaries.
- Empowerment – We will enable carers to have choice and control in identifying and achieving their own goals.
- Person centred – Our service will be delivered based on the needs of carers and the people they look after, using the carers hub – a comprehensive model of carer support
- User led – We will have carers at the heart of the organisation through governance, planning and consultation.
Read our Equalities Statement to find out about how we recognise, respect, and value difference at Newcastle Carers.
We work hard to reach carers from all communities across the city, offering support to meet the needs of each individual.