Call. 0191 275 5060
SMS. 07874 100043
Contact us for free information, advice and guidance Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Carers Information Line
When you're a carer, having the right information at the right time can make a big difference. Our Carers Information Line is a great place to start if you want some information to support you in your caring role, or even if you just want to find out what groups or services we have at Newcastle Carers.
Our Carer Information and Advice Workers can provide information on a range of topics, including:
- Where to get help, including help from Adult Social Care Services
- Condition specific information, including dementia; mental health problems and learning disabilities
- Benefits and how to claim
- Your health and wellbeing - taking care of yourself when caring for someone
What to expect:
- One of our Carer Information and Advice and Support Workers will talk to you about your caring role and will take some details to register you on to our confidential database (confidentiality explained below) such as your name, address, date of birth, the details for the person you care for etc.
- Once registered with us you will be able to access our services and you will receive our carers' newsletter (published three times per year).
You will of course, have the chance to talk confidentially about your caring situation and ask any questions you may have.
When calling our Carers Information Line, we want you to be able to talk openly, confident in the knowledge that we won't share your details or information with anyone. There are some exceptions why we may need to share your information, including:
- You give us permission to seek help from other organisations to help you in your caring role, e.g. referral to another organisation.
- You, or the person you care for is in danger or at risk of harm.
We can provide information about the services we provide at Newcastle Carers, and if needed can inform you about other organisations that can help you. We have a range of services to help you, including our drop-in information and advice sessions, Carer Cafés, training, our Young Adult Carer Worker, Carers Wellbeing Fund, counselling and complementary therapy.
Please contact us to find out about how we can help and support you in your caring role. Call our Carers Information Line today.
Have you visited our information resource to find out more about caring? See our Information Hub here.