Contact us for free information, advice and guidance Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
When you're a carer, having the right information at the right time can make a big difference. Our Carers Information Line is a great place to start to get information to support you in your caring role, or even to find out about the groups and services we have at Newcastle Carers to help and support you in your caring role.
Our Carer Information and Advice Workers can provide information on a range of topics, including:
- Give you information about Newcastle Carers services, such as our groups and training opportunities (also visit What's On to find out more)
- Help to look at communication between family members
- Help and support to liaise with professionals and other organisations
- Help to think about your own needs as a carer
- Help to plan for the future and for emergencies
- Exploring your choices and options with you - help you to decide "what next?"
- Help to express your views and concerns
- Information and advice about your caring role and services for the person you care for.
When you contact our Carers Information Line, one of our Carer Information and Advice and Support Workers will talk to you about your caring role and will take some details to register you on to our confidential database (confidentiality explained below) such as your name, address, date of birth, the details for the person you care for etc. Once registered with us you will be able to access our services and you will receive our carers' newsletter which is published three times per year keeps carers up-to-date with our news and activities.
You will of course also have the chance to talk confidentially about your caring situation and ask any questions you may have.
When calling our Carers Information Line, we want you to be able to talk openly, confident in the knowledge that we won't share your details or information with anyone. There are some exceptions why we may need to share your information, including:
- You have given us permission to seek help from other organisations to help you in your caring role, e.g. referral to another organisation.
- You, or the person you care for is in danger or at risk of harm.
Contact us to find out about how we can help and support you in your caring role. Call our Carers Information Line today:
Tel. 0191 275 5060, SMS. 07874 100043.
Have you visited our information resource to find out more about caring? See our Information Hub here.