The Carers Information Line will be open for free confidential information and advice on:
Monday 24 December, Thursday 27 December, Friday 28 December, and Monday 31 December, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Our Centre will be closed from 5:00pm on Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 9:00am on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
Who do I contact In an Emergency?
If you need help from Adult Social Care, you can contact:
- Community Health and Social Care Direct, Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm, 0191 278 8377
- If you need urgent help with adult social care during the evening or at weekends, telephone the Emergency Duty Team on 0191 278 7878.
- Click here to see more on Newcastle City Council Adult Social Care contact information
If you need help from Children's Social Care, you can contact
- The Initial Response Team during office hours on 0191 277 2500
- If you need urgent help out of office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0191 278 7878.
- Click here to see more on Newcastle City Council Children's Social Care
If you have a mental health problem, or are caring for someone with a mental health problem, and you are experiencing a mental health crisis, you can contact:
- The Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team 24 hours a day 7 days a week on 0303 123 1146. The crisis team does not provide an ’emergency’ service such as a 999 response. In an emergency call 999
If you or the person you care for are unwell, you can contact
- Your GP
- NHS Direct on 111
- In an emergency call 999
- Listening support is also available from the Samaritans, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can contact the Samaritans by phone: 116 123, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Northumbria Police Non-Emergency phone number is 101. In an emergency call 999.